Friday, December 19, 2008

Week #8, Thing #19- Library thing

I already had an account with LibraryThing, and I love it. It's very useful and the fact that I can connect to it from anywhere is great. One disappointment is that they don't sync up with facebook and I have a "bookshelf" on my account there, so I'm kinda doubleing my efforts, but I'm okay with it.
I added an additonal five books to my account and it is very easy. I also added the LibrarThing Widget to my blog and that is way cool!! I the most popular books on there within the YA genra, so I had a bunch of reviews and there are lots of discussions and groups surrounding them.
I like LibraryThing and I actually heard the designer of the site speak at a conference. He was telling us how his wife and mother in law were librarians and the idea of creating LibraryThing came from them! How neat is that?

1 comment:

joanne_LT said...

Smart man [listens to wife & mother-in-law]!