Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Week #6, Thing 15- 2.0 perspectives

I read "Into a new world of librarianship" and I liked the format of the article. I also liked the quote, "...the library a social and emotionally engaging center for learning and experience.". That quote hit something inside. I love the library and it is an emotionally charged place. I like the idea that library 2.0 is the "strategy guide" for helping users. Web 2.0 allows us to bring content to our users in an easy way. We really can help them navigate and organize all the information that you can find in the library in one easy way.
Another thing that struck me about this article is the word, "Technolust". I think that a lot of people just purchase "cool toys" for themselves or the institution that are at just because it is cool and hot right now. That is not good! I have been in places that this happens and once you get the technology you can left with the feeling of, "now what should I do with it?" Sometimes lack of training and understanding the true usefullness of the product doesn't happen till later and I think that's a waste!

No comments: