I really like the CA curriculum page. It has a lot of great idea and I furled the page too. I would love to expose the students to more web 2.0 stuff, but it all takes time and I have learned to be patient.
As for how I would use a Wiki? Our part time English teacher/ Alumni persons and I are going to take our print "guide to good reading" and move it to a wiki. We have planes to add new/ favorite titles to the MS page and the US page based on the Marketing ideas that the library has. For example, during teen read week I asked the MS students for a list of books that they liked. We then found the book jackets for those books and created a display showcasing the books and/ or the book jacket. The students seemed to like this. Last year, at the end of the year I asked the senior class to send me a list of their all time favorite books that they read through school. I got a great response from them and again put up a display just for them. So are going to add this info into the wiki and have other students add to it over the summer and add reviews and so on. We have just started on this grand idea, but I think it will be a great way to get my students into cyberworld, so they are not so scared.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment