I have a ning, so I didn't set up another one. But I did go back and look at mine. You could visit it at http://library20.ning.com/profile/SueLCDS but be aware that I don't update it often. It seems that the ning was big last year, but I haven't heard much about it in the last few months and for some strange reason I can't figure out how to upload photos...but I'm sure it's just me and that I need to click around and I'll find it.
Anyway, I went to the enormous list of award-winning web 2.0 winners and I selected the food catagory. (One of my hobbies is cooking.) The site that I explored was IMCooked, and it was great!. It has video recipies of all different types of food/ dishes. I clicked on the Caramel apple pie recipie, but the cook only showed us how to assemble the pie and then you had to go to her web site and get the recipie...what a pain. Yet that isn't the fault of IMCooked, so I clicked around.
The site has a video on "how to" create and upload a video and they have all these different tabs. The "Channel" tab is set up like a cookbook, very easy to navigate and I liked that. However they didn't seem to have a lot of members. I clicked on the group tab and I didn't see many people in "groups". However I really liked the "feel" of the site. Its set up like YouTube, and overall very easy to navigate.
Again, since I have a ning and I'm part of 3 Ning networks, I didn't join any others. But overall, I've had a good experience with the award-winning Web 2.0 sites.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment