Thursday, November 13, 2008

Week #5, Thing #12- Rollyo

Okay...so I don't really like Rollyo. I have a Furl account and I LOVE my furl. In my furl I'm able to create my own categories. I used what they recommended, but i also added Dewey classification. This way, my students can look and find things either by tags, or by the catagoies that furl set up or the one's I set up. In all, I just like it better. A link to my furl is: http://www.furl.net/member/librarylcds_cougar

Now, to the task at hand. I did create a Rollyo account, but it took me some time. I don't know why I'm having problems navigating the last two sites, but I am. The site wasn't set up all that well and I didn't see a link to customize. It's as if I have to use their template and I like red and white...but I wanted it to be a little different from the others. The link is: http://rollyo.com/painter_cougar/book_buying/

However...it is not working. When you click on it, it brings you to a page that says, "

It appears that you're trying to find a search engine created by LCDS Librarian. Please select one from the below list:


(Please note that your private Searchrolls won't show up unless you make them public)


BUT IT IS PUBLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very frustrated with Rollyo and I know that Furl or Delicious is much better and easier to use.

I do see the value in these types of "personal search engines" and I am hoping that by next year I'll eneough sites in my Furl to share with the community that I am in. By then I hope to have more than eneough authoritative web link that they will be able to find good info without going to google...although I do love google too!!! And if you know how to search, It is a great search engine!

No comments: