Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Week #4, Thing #8- RSS

I set up a google reader and it's okay. I have a "My Yahoo" account and I like the look of my RSS feeds there. Google's look is okay, but I'm use to Yahoo and it's hard for me to change my expectations of what a reader should look like.

As for RSS itself...I love it!! I get all of my info that way. My reader is set up in sections. On the left I have weather and I get a feed from Travelocity about discounted airline and trip tickets (one can hope...right). In the middle (where the majority of my feeds are located), I have them organized by interests and then news. I like haveing it set up this way because my eye is trained to look at sections, depending on what I'm looking for.

I use RSS to keep on top of new technologies and all library related news info. I wish I could use it with my library cataolog and have the students and faculty subscribe to it so they know when I add new books to the collection. I'm sure one can do this...but I don't know if it would require the help of the IT dept.

No comments: